Can I Use My Retractable Gate Outside?
Have you ever noticed how much children love the outdoors? Whether they are crawling, walking or running around, there is something about the fresh air outdoors. There are so many fun play opportunities on offer that makes the outdoors such an exciting place for little people to explore.
Of course, there are plenty of spaces we would rather our children didn’t go off and explore on their own. This is why many parents opt to put their baby gates out there. It’s nice to be able to open your back door and send the kids out to play, knowing they are safe. This means you don’t have to hover over them like a helicopter mum.
But this begs the question – does that mean retractable baby gates can be used outside too?
The short answer: Absolutely! But read on to find out why.
Why Do I Need Baby Gates Outside?
The outdoors is a great place for exploration and it often comes with plenty of stairs for kids to tackle. Not only is height an issue for little ones still learning the art, but outdoor stairs tend to be made of rock and other strong materials (to weather the outdoors), which can cause even more injury to your child.
You can also use baby gates to set up a barrier and turn part of your yard into a giant playpen. This means you know where your kids are at all times and can garden in peace without worrying about their safety.
This is why baby gates come in handy outside as well. We all know we can’t keep an eye on our little ones 100% of the time. Having safety measures, like a gate, in place can take off some of the pressure.
Can I Use Retractable Baby Gates Outside?
There is a reason we have seen a rise in the number of parents opting for retractable baby gates in their home. These gates are not only stylish and modern, but extremely functional as well. Here are just some of the benefits of the Perma Retractable Gates that make them perfect for outdoors (as well as indoors):
- UV mesh: the mesh won’t fade even if it is placed in direct sunlight outside.
- 100% rust-proof: bring on the elements, the retractable gate can withstand and outlast them.
- Scratch resistant: we know how much pets like being outside as well, so having scratch proof mesh means they can’t damage the baby gate when you aren’t there watching.
- They can come in twin packs: if you have pets, this is essential. You can have one baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top. This means you can lock your dog down the bottom, and they can’t come bounding up the stairs every time you come outside with the kids. This can help avoid any accidents, which can come from pets knocking kids over climbing the stairs.
- Strong! You also won’t have to worry about your pets knocking the gate over. Retractable gates are extremely strong and caters to medium-sized dogs from 10 to 40 pounds, as well as kids from 6 months to 24 months.
- Versatile: retractable gates can be used both inside and outside. There is nothing worse than having multiple style gates set up around your home. Baby gates can be fiddly enough to get used to as it is, without buying different types that have various openings. Being able to use the same ones both indoors and outdoors is very handy.
At the end of the day, you want to create a safe place for your child to play. You can’t always have your watchful eye on them, worrying what they can get up to. Baby gates are perfect for that peace of mind.